Welcome to the Yolo County Farm Bureau website. We encourage you to look around, as we are actively updating.
Facebook Twitter Instagram

Sign up for email updates from Yolo County Farm Bureau

Home > Irrigated Lands

Irrigated Lands


In July 2003, the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (Regional Board) adopted a set of regulations pertaining to discharges of waste from irrigated agricultural lands and managed wetlands into waters of the State. These regulations, more generally referred to as the Irrigated Lands Program (ILP), provided an individual producer or managed wetland owner with two options to comply:

1. Get an Individual Permit directly from the Regional Board. Estimated costs for this option range from $5,000 annually for 50 acres or approximately $18,000 annually for 250 acres or more. You would deal directly with the Regional Board and conduct your own monitoring and submit technical reports. More information is available at this website: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralvalley/water_issues/irrigated_lands/regulatory_information/for_growers/apply_individual_reg_coverage/

You can contact the Regional Board at (916) 464-4611.

2. Join a Coalition. Yolo County Farm Bureau formed the Yolo County Farm Bureau Education Corporation (YCFBEC) so Yolo County landowners and grower could lower costs by sharing expenses. We are part of 13 northern California subwatershed groups enrolled in the Sacramento Valley Water Quality Coalition. 2019 – 2020 fees are $4.00/irrigated acre.

To join, please contact the Yolo County Farm Bureau for instructions regarding local coalition membership.

Yolo County Farm Bureau Education Corporation's (YCFBEC) Irrigated Lands Program recommends option 2.

Page Navigation

Back to