Facebook Twitter Instagram

Sign up for email updates from Yolo County Farm Bureau

Home > Compliance > Truck Regulations > Reporting Mileage

Reporting Mileage

Mileage Reports Due January 2015

This user guide will help you report online with the Truck Regulation Upload, Compliance, and Reporting System (TRUCRS) to meet the reporting requirements of the Truck and Bus Regulation.
1) Changes for 2014
This update describes how to take advantage of early access to compliance options for cattle trucks and low-mileage agricultural vehicles as outlined in Mail-Out 14-13 at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/mailouts/msc1413/msc1413.pdf.
Additional details on these and other compliance options are also available in updated fact sheets at: http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents.php.
To claim the Agricultural vehicle (Ag Mileage) Extension, Log Truck Phase-In Option, or cattle livestock trucks as Specialty Agricultural Vehicles, you must meet the eligibility criteria and report your company and vehicle information no later than January 31, 2015.
Emission reduction requirements are currently in effect for heavier vehicles with a GVWR greater than 26,000 lbs. with 1996 model year or newer engines. All owners that use flexibility options or mileage based extensions must update their information each January.
2) Reporting Changes to the Existing Fleet
Fleet owners that already reported have the ability to edit and modify the information in the system. The reporting system will warn you when required information is missing and will allow you to save incomplete information so that you can return later to complete your information. However, if you attempt to claim an option that requires staff review, you will get an error message, but will be prompted to save your information anyway. If you attempt to claim an option you for which you do not qualify for you will get an error message and will not be able to save the vehicle information.
If you do not know your login information, send an email to TRUCRS@arb.ca.gov or contact us by phone at 866-6DIESEL.
3) Using TRUCRS to Report Online
The Truck Regulation Upload, Compliance, and Reporting System (TRUCRS) can be found at https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/ssltrucrstb/trucrs_reporting/reporting.php Here you will be able to login if you already have an account, request your password if you have forgotten your login information, or create a new account. To create a new account you will need to click on the “request an account” button as shown below. Once you provide the required information a password will be generated and sent to your email address within an hour. Once you receive the password, return to this reporting website and login using your username and password.

 4) Owner Information
First time users will need to enter in the owner information as seen below to get a TRUCRS ID. Fill in the required fields. (See illustration below). It is important to check the box to verify the information provided is correct, and click the Add New Fleet button when finished. If you see errors, they must be corrected or the information will not be saved. Once you are able to save the information you will receive an email with your TRUCRS ID indicating your account has been created. After reviewing and updating owner information click the "Return to TRUCRS Fleet List" at the top of the page.
The TRUCRS fleet list will be the first screen seen by returning users. From here you can edit your owner information or request to delete the account. If we need to contact you we will use the information provided on the owner information page, so be sure it is kept up to date.
a) Vehicle Information
To begin reporting vehicles click on the name of the company you wish to edit.  This will take you to a screen that will list all of the vehicles you have already reported if any. Additionally this page will allow you to report vehicles for the first time, update vehicle information, view compliance status, or delete a vehicle. This page will immediately display vehicles that have been reported, including active, deleted, or retired vehicles. To add a vehicle you will need to click the “enter vehicle data” tab. 
Here you can enter or edit most of the information about your vehicle and its engine. The VIN is a required field and the system will not save the information without it. In the “PM filter or Other Compliance Option” drop down menu you will be able to select PM filter or specify an extension or exemption for the vehicle. 
5) Selecting a Compliance Option or Extension for the Vehicle
Additional information may be required for certain extensions or exemptions, such as odometer readings or PM filter information. The system will not allow you to save the vehicle information if you are selecting a compliance option for which you do not qualify. If you are unsure on the requirements of a specific provision, click the “click for help” link and it will provide a brief explanation of each provision. When finished, click the save button to submit your information.
b) PM Filter Retrofit
If you select PM Filter – Retrofit from the pull down menu, the screen will expand for you to provide information about the retrofit filter, including the installation date.
c) Agricultural Vehicle Mileage Extension
If you are opting into the Ag Mileage extension for the first time, you will need to enter your vehicle information for your fleet as it existed on January 1, 2011. TRUCRS will not allow you to automatically select the agricultural vehicle extension, because historical odometer readings and staff review are required. The number of agricultural vehicle extensions in 2011 cannot be higher than the number of trucks in the fleet on January 1, 2009, and cannot increase in subsequent years.

You may need to report information about vehicles that are no longer part of the current fleet to establish the 2009 baseline if you did not own the vehicle you wish to place under the AG extension as on or before January 1, 2009. In order to establish your baseline fleet you must add the vehicle to your fleet by providing the VIN, GVWR, engine model year, and the date the vehicle was placed into service in your fleet. Once you have saved that information you will need to go to the view fleet tab and delete the vehicle from your fleet by selecting the ‘delete’ button on the left side of the screen and enter the date it was sold.

After you have established your baseline(if necessary) you will need to report truck information regarding the vehicle you wish to place under the AG extension, when reporting you will need to choose the ‘request AG’ option as the extension that you wish to claim, provide your January 1 odometer reading, and save the vehicle information. Then click the odometer reading tab at the top of the page and report your January 1, 2011, January 1, 2012; January 1, 2013 odometer readings. You may receive an error message on the odometer reading page, click the save data anyway button. Once you have completed the above steps you will need to e-mail TRUCRS@arb.ca.gov with your TRUCRS ID and ask to be reviewed for the AG 
extension. ARB will contact you and let you know whether or not you were approved for the extension.
If you are replacing a vehicle that is currently under the AG mileage extension, you must remove the vehicle you have sold from your fleet, provide the odometer reading as of the last day it was in your fleet, and the date sold. Once you have removed this vehicle from your fleet you may add the replacement vehicle into your fleet by filling out the vehicle information page, and selecting Ag Mileage Extension and providing the reading as of the first day the vehicle was in your fleet. All changes to your fleet need to be reported within 30 days of the change. The mileage of the vehicle you have sold plus the mileage of the vehicle you have purchased cannot exceed the mileage limit.
 d) Cattle Livestock Trucks - Specialty Agricultural Vehicle Extension
The cattle livestock truck extension is only available for trucks that are used exclusively to haul cattle. If you are opting a vehicle into the Specialty Cattle Livestock Truck option and you did not own that vehicle on or before January 1, 2009 you will need to report information about another vehicle you owned that is no longer part of your fleet to establish the 2009 baseline. To report your baseline fleet, you must add the vehicle to your fleet by providing the VIN, GVWR, engine model year, and the date the vehicle was placed into service in your fleet. Once you have saved that information you will need to go to the view fleet tab and select “delete” for the vehicle and enter the date it was sold, scrapped, or transferred out of your fleet.

i) Request Cattle Cab-Over
Because there are only 20 slots allocated for cab-over cattle trucks, this extension you will need to select “Request Cattle Cab-Over” in addition to having the vehicle body type reflect that you only haul cattle. After January 31, 2015 ARB will contact you to let you know if you are able to retain this extension. If we have more than 20 vehicles claiming this extension we will use a lottery to determine who will retain it.

ii) Cattle Seasonal
For hire cattle livestock truck owners will only be exempt from the regulation for the specified spring and fall cattle seasons during the year. If you wish to claim this extension the body type of your vehicle must be a cattle truck that only hauls cattle the cattle season then select “Cattle Seasonal” in the PM Filter or Compliance Path field and click save to submit the information.

iii) Cattle Not For Hire
Farmer owned cattle trucks that are not for hire can operate under the specialty agricultural extension all year and remain exempt from the emission reduction requirements until 2023; however, if you are hauling cattle outside the specified seasons it must be your own brand of cattle. If you are a farmer/rancher and own your cattle livestock truck and wish to take advantage of this extension you will need to select “Cattle Not For Hire” in the PM Filter or Compliance Path field, to reflect that you only haul your own cattle then click save to submit the information.
 6) Saving Vehicle Information
If there are any errors with the information you are saving, the error will be displayed in red at the top of the page and should be corrected. If you wish to correct the information later, you can click “save data anyway” However, all information must be complete or compliance will not be calculated. In addition, certificates (for fleets that have reported compliance) cannot be printed until all required information has been entered and the fleet is reflected as currently in compliance.
If you are entering information for multiple vehicles that are similar you can click the “save and add similar” button at the bottom of the vehicle information page which will save the existing vehicle and will copy some of the existing information so that you can add similar vehicles more efficiently. 
When you are done adding vehicles click the “view fleet” tab to review and confirm that all of the information was saved successfully. Once you have completed reporting you may view the compliance status of your fleet by clicking the “compliance status” link in the grey box on the view fleet tab. You can also edit and delete vehicles by clicking the “edit/delete” link in the “Action” column. Fields that are highlighted pink indicate missing or incorrect information and will remain pink until corrected

If all of your information is correct and complete, then you are finished reporting your vehicles for the Truck and Bus regulation. Once you have finished reporting, you may check your compliance status and print your certificate. The fleet compliance summary page will summarize the reported fleet information and the current compliance status. This page will also have a link to allow you to print the certificate. If the fleet is not in compliance the link will not be available. You may make this certificate available to motor carriers or brokers upon request.
If you have any further questions you may call our Diesel hotline at 866-634-3735 or email us at trucrs@arb.ca.gov. 
Back to